Skip to content
Prep Time: 5 minutes plus 4-8 hours if using the slow cooker and 30-45 minutes if using the stove top.
- 2 15-16 ounce cans of jackfruit in water or brine
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 4-6 dairy and egg free sandwich rolls or whatever bread you like
- Pull out your slow cooker. (If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can do this in a pan on the stove.)
- Drain liquid out of cans and pour contents of both cans of jackfruit into your slow cooker or pan.
- Cover with bottle of BBQ sauce.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. (Or, simmer on low on stove top for 30-45 minutes.)
- Using two forks, separate the chunks of jackfruit so that it takes on the appearance of pulled pork.
- Spoon onto a roll or bread of your choice (check to make sure it’s dairy and egg free if that’s important to you) and enjoy!
- If you want to make this sandwich even more delicious, top it with some of this Sweet and Sour Cole Slaw.