Stressful day left you wanting a pint of chunky monkey? Try this delicious avocado ice cream to satisfy your craving and give you a healthy dose of stress-fighting vitamin B.
Low vitamin B levels are linked to increased risks for depression, memory problems and paranoia (think: extreme anxiety). Avocados are high in vitamin B as well as potassium and healthy fats, which are both known to lower blood pressure. So next time you’re feeling overwhelmed, try whipping up a batch of this good-for-you-green ice cream that you can enjoys, sans the guilt.
Avocado Ice Cream
Adapted from the Elephatastic Vegan
- 1½ avocados
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can (14 oz / 400ml) full-fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup / 100g Organic Rice Syrup (or your preferred liquid sweetener such as maple syrup or agave syrup)
- Place the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and spoon out the avocado flesh. Put the avocado flesh in a food processor together with the lemon juice and blend until smooth.
- Open the coconut milk can upside down and spoon out the coconut cream until you hit the coconut water.
- Whip the coconut cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until it looks like whipped cream. Add in the avocado cream and the rice syrup and mix until fully incorporated.
- Put the ice cream in a freezer-safe dish and place it in the freezer for at least 4 hours. (If it is too hard to spoon out after 4 hours, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes.)